Thursday, July 3, 2014

Influenster Review: First Aid Shot

Yesterday, I started the Couch to 5K running program.  I was pretty freaking successful, I didn't stop short on ANY of the jogs, and there were times I wanted to. Like I was BEGGING for a walk by the end, but I didn't stop. Add the fact that there was rain and hail at the very end of my run, well, I'm pretty stinking proud of myself. Today, I woke up SORE. My shins, the fronts of my thighs, even up to my abs and back! I mean, it's definitely proof that I worked yesterday!

This morning, getting out of bed brought groans of pain. Boy was I happy that I had received a Fast Relief First Aid Shot Therapy from Influenster in my Surf's Up Vox Box!  This little liquid shot, mine is flavored cherry, promises to take my pain away fast and keep it away for hours. It's an NSAID pain reliever in liquid form. Now I usually use Ibuprofen pills, which work great, but why not see how this works instead right? 

For taste, well, it could have been a lot worse. It wasn't like taking a bite into a fresh cherry, that's for sure. However, it was mostly cherry flavored with a slight aftertaste of cough syrup.  Not terrible, not something I want to drink EVERY day.  But hey, I got it down. Luckily it was very liquidy, no thick syrup texture at all.  So, three stars out of five for the actual drinking of the liquid.

After 30 minutes, some of my pain was completely gone, while other areas were significantly dulled. After an hour no additional progress had been made.  So the verdict? It did the job but I'm not sure its better or even as good as popping two Advil,  but maybe this painkiller just doesnt work for my body.




No comments:

Post a Comment